On November 9, 2019, the Déjà Vu Art and Fine Craft Show will be held at The Commons, a civic area in downtown Columbus, Indiana. Having opened just eight years ago, this spectacular facility is a great place to show your art and fine crafts.
• This is a juried show, and no more than 60 applicants who use scrap materials or reuse and/or recycle items will be accepted. A few who create their work from natural or sustainable materials also will qualify.
• The show hours are 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., EST.
• Exhibit space will be approximately 10'x10'. Chairs will be provided and tables are available, free of charge, to those who are among the first to request them.
• Recognition includes Best of Show, First, Second, and Third Places, and four Honorable Mention awards, all of which include ribbons and monetary prizes. Also, an Artists' Challenge will be sent in July, and the winner of the award also will receive a cash prize.
• Along with your application, please send at least three high resolution photos of your work and one booth shot. We'll accept digital photos on a CD/DVD, or you may send them online to email@example.com. Also include the $10 jury fee, with the check made payable to LCNFC, and include the words Déjà Vu Jury Fee in the memo section. Mail your application and other required materials to the LCNFC, 1039 Sycamore St., Columbus IN 47201.
• Featured Artist: We're looking for an artist or someone who works in fine crafts to appear as our Featured Artist. The person who is selected will receive a free booth space, a complimentary stay on Friday, November 8th at the Hotel Indigo Architectural Center in downtown Columbus, mention in all publicity, and a photo of his or her work featured on our poster and post cards.
Candidates will be considered based on the following criteria:
•Good use of scrap materials or reuse/recycling of materials. At least some of the materials used must be scrap or repurposed and/or recycled.
•Creative approach to reusing and/or recycling materials.
•Unique and particularly remarkable body of work.
•Interesting and professional presentation of work, as a whole.
If you'd like to be considered as the Featured Artist, along with your application and photos, include a detailed description of your art or fine craft, and any other materials that support your request. Items such as newspaper or magazine clippings, and mention of professional affiliations, awards and honors will be helpful.
• Application deadline is June 14, and you'll be notified of your status by July 6. If you're accepted, the booth rental fee of $100 must be paid by July 25th. No refunds will be issued after August 31.
• The sponsors, which include the Bartholomew County Solid Waste Management District, Bucceto's Smiling Teeth, Columbus Area Visitors Center, First Financial Bank, Hotel Indigo, Kroot Corporation, Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center, and Papa's Deli/Papa's Grill take no responsibility for loss or damage to your work. For your personal protection, we recommend you purchase liability insurance for exhibiting at the show.
We're pleased to present our fifteenth Déjà Vu Art and Fine Craft Show, and we're thrilled to hold the event at the beautiful Commons. Click here for the application in doc format or in PDF format, or pick up an entry form at the Lincoln-Central Family Center at 1039 Sycamore Street in Columbus. If you have any questions, you may call 812-379-1630 to speak to someone at the LCNFC.
To see additional photos of past shows and artists' work, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DejaVuArtAndFineCraftShow/.